Smiles in Tucson, AZ are transformed with porcelain veneers
You likely see pleasant smiles all around you – at home, at work, and in public places. Some, though, really stand out. In many cases, the difference is porcelain veneers. Dr. Colby Echols helps men and women across the Tucson, AZ area love their smiles with this two-appointment cosmetic treatment.
What can natural looking veneers do for your smile?
Dental veneers are thin ceramic coverings, custom shaped and bonded to the front surfaces of teeth that show when you speak and smile.
Here are some of the situations in which veneers can improve the look of your teeth and mouth:
- Misalignment – Affordable veneers can be an alternative to lengthy orthodontic treatment. Veneers for crooked teeth make your smile look straighter – without wearing braces.
- Gaps between teeth – Veneers give the appearance of evenly-spaced teeth.
- Unusual shape or size – Do some of your teeth look too short? Veneers bring lovely symmetry to the smile.
- Worn down teeth – In some cases, veneers can correct the effects of unusual wear. However, Dr. Echols may recommend a night guard to protect veneers from bruxing – clenching or grinding during sleep.
- Enamel imperfections – Front teeth veneers cover chips, cracks, pits, and bumps.
- Stubborn discoloration – Veneers can be shaded to match natural tooth color, or lighter to brighten a dingy smile. Veneers effectively mask tetracycline staining, old dark dental work, or other discoloration that does not respond to professional teeth whitening.
Porcelain veneers: Two steps to a beautiful smile in Tucson, AZ
If veneers are the right treatment for you, smile transformation can usually be completed in just two visits to Swan Dental. At the first appointment, a thin layer of enamel is removed so veneers can fit snugly at the gumline. Dr. Echols takes impressions and you choose the color of your veneers. If your prepared teeth are sensitive, they can be protected temporarily with composite material.
A dental ceramist handcrafts your veneers at a lab. When they are done (in about two weeks), you see Dr. Echols again to have the veneers cemented in place. You also receive hygiene and lifestyle instruction to keep your new smile looking great for many years
Everything You Need to Know About the Porcelain Crown Process
Dentists use porcelain crowns to help restore your smile and maintain proper form and function within the...Read More
Why Dental Cleanings and Prevention Care is Critical to Long-Term Dental Health in Tucson, AZ
Maintaining good oral health is vital for so many reasons Properly maintained oral health enhances an individual’s...Read More