Here’s Three Natural Remedies For Keeping A Healthy Smile
Natural oral healthcare certainly isn’t new, but the information
that’s now available just might be. Time and time again, patients have
been searching for more natural ways to care for their teeth and
brighten their smile.
Oral healthcare professionals are
lending their expertise by sharing which natural ingredients could work
best for preventing cavities and gum disease. One common conclusion is
that fluoride – a naturally-occurring mineral found in the earth’s crust
– has been shown to help avoid cavities.
However, fluoride is only part of the bigger picture. There are several other natural ingredients which can benefit a healthy mouth. Here are a few of them you can start using today.
Common Natural and Herbal Sources
Many substances can be a source of natural and herbal remedies. Some of which may include:
- Baking soda – Can be used to fight certain bacteria and prevent tooth decay.
- Green Tea – Some studies have shown that people who drink green tea regularly have signs of healthier gums. Another suggests that green tea can keep your teeth from becoming eroded due to its properties to cut down starchy foods.
- Oils – Some oils such as eucalyptol, menthol and tea tree can help kill bacteria, keeping your gums from becoming inflamed.
- Xylitol – Commonly found in sugar-free chewing gum, xylitol may help prevent tooth decay by boosting saliva production.
Vitamins To Consider
Studies have shown that certain vitamins – like the minerals listed above – can aid in supporting a healthy mouth.
Some of those vitamins may include:
• Vitamin D – Found in foods and drinks like cheese and milk, vitamin D can help your body kill certain bacteria in the mouth. On the opposite side, not ingesting enough vitamin D can actually promote gum disease.
• Vitamin K – Foods that contain vitamin K include eggs and fish such as tuna and salmon, which also include Omega-3 fatty acids.
• Vitamin C – Many fruits like apples and oranges include vitamin C, as well as dietary fiber.
Other Natural Sources For Oral Health
Your dentist can provide a comprehensive list of foods, drinks and other sources which contain these key vitamins and minerals to promote a healthy, beautiful smile. Contact your oral healthcare professionals at Swan Dental, based out of Tucson, Arizona, for more information!Back to Blog Page
The Top Benefits of Veneers for Discolored Teeth
Do you have a tooth that does not match the rest of your smile? Are you looking...Read the Article
The Truth About Endodontic Treatment: Painless, Fast, and Safe Way to Preserve Natural Teeth
Have you been told you need a root canal to save your tooth? There is no need...Read the Article