Patients in Tucson, AZ are discovering dental implants as a solution for dental health
At Swan Dental, Dr. Colby Echols and his staff are proving that dental implants improve not only a patient’s dental health in the Tucson, AZ area, but their overall quality of life as well. If you want to preserve your beautiful smile and youthful facial appearance but are missing some teeth, then dental implants may be for you. Dr. Echols welcomes all patients to an environment that provides gentle and compassionate care. His techniques for inserting dental implants are both safe and effective, producing incredible results.
When you think of what a dental implant is, the best way to picture it is as an artificial tooth root in a shape like a screw. This dental implant (called a post), when placed in your jawbone, will bond with the natural bone and become a sturdy base onto which a connecter (called an abutment) can be attached. The abutment is placed onto the post and then your new replacement tooth (crown) is affixed to the abutment. The crown, which will be crafted specifically for you, is made to match the color and shape of your natural surrounding teeth and to fit comfortably into the space made by your missing tooth.
Modern dental implants are the strongest system available for supporting your replacement teeth and have been used, quite successfully, for over 30 years. A dental implant will allow for your new tooth to look, feel and function comfortably and naturally.
Benefits of dental implants
There are many benefits to receiving a dental implant to replace lost teeth that include:
- An implant will help maintain bone structure integrity in the jaw.
- Adjacent teeth will remain healthy without the need of bridgework.
- Replacement of loose-fitting dentures.
- Even bite distribution throughout the mouth.
- Implants feel and function just like natural teeth.
- Bone loss is prevented which, in turn, preserves your facial appearance.
The dental implant process
When you first come into Swan Dental, you’ll work with Dr. Echols in the planning of your dental implant procedure. This is often considered the most critical stage of the process due to the importance of a well thought out treatment plan. The process is near painless and consists of the following phases:
- Implant placement – The post will be inserted into the bone.
- Healing – During this phase, the bone around the implant will heal and fuse to the inserted post.
- Abutment placement – Once the healing of the implant has completed, the abutment will be placed onto the post.
- Crown – A crown will be custom made for you and, once it has been crafted to exact specifications, it will be bonded to the abutment.
If you are looking for a permanent tooth replacement, dental implants just may be the solution you’ve been looking for. A dental implant from Swan Dental will look, feel and function just like your natural teeth while also helping to preserve your jawbone integrity. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Colby Echols, please call (520) 595-3655 today. You are only a phone call away from a healthy, happy smile!Back to Restoration Page
Complete Your Smile with Dental Implants Designed Like Your Natural Teeth
One of the components of a beautiful, healthy smile is having all your teeth intact Even if...Read the Article
Is Root Canal the Right Treatment for You?
If you’re shying away from having a root canal due to fear of pain or misconceptions about...Read the Article