Complete Your Smile with Dental Implants Designed Like Your Natural Teeth
One of the components of a beautiful, healthy smile is having all your teeth intact. Even if it is not within the visible part of your smile, a single lost tooth affects your oral functionality and alters your jawbone health in the long run. Fortunately, you have the option of replacing your lost teeth with implants designed to match the appearance and performance of your natural teeth. So, if you have lost one or several teeth in Tucson, Arizona, please book an appointment with Swan Dental for long-lasting implant-based restorations.
What are dental implants?
Your tooth has a root that anchors it firmly in the jawbone. Implant prosthodontics replicate this function by using a biocompatible titanium screw inserted deep into your jawbone. With time, the implant post integrates with the jawbone, mimicking a tooth root.
The dental implant treatment process is completed by installing an abutment (connector) and finally a crown or any other prosthetic component for a functional tooth replacement. With proper maintenance, your implant can last for a lifetime, just like your natural tooth.
The dental implant process
An implant treatment takes a considerable amount of time when compared to conventional restorations. However, most patients find the replacement worthwhile. After Dr. Colby Echols establishes that you are a prime candidate for an implant, your treatment process will follow these steps:
- Pre-surgery preparation: We recommend bone grafting to add volume and density to the jaw bone for patients without sufficient jawbone. If you have a damaged or decayed tooth, extraction will be done before inserting an implant.
- Insertion: Under anesthesia, we surgically insert a biocompatible titanium screw into a precise location in your jawbone. This step is the most critical in the implant process, and that is why you need a trained dentist to carry out the treatment.
- Healing: After the implant surgery, healing starts taking place, and the jawbone starts growing around the implant post to form a firm anchorage similar to that of your natural tooth root.
- Restoration: Once healing has taken place, we insert an abutment and finally a porcelain crown to complete the treatment.
It might look like a lot of work for one tooth, but the process is worth the wait because you receive a tooth that feels natural and acts like your natural tooth. Plus, caring for an implant is as simple as caring for a natural tooth. Just brush, floss, and see a dentist every six months to keep your implant for life!
Benefits of dental implants
The odds are that you have heard about implants, but you are hesitant to take the plunge. Consider the benefits of dental implants to make up your mind. Dental implants:
- Look natural
- Prevent bone loss
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting into the empty space
- Last for life with proper care
- Restore your oral functionality
- Boost your self-confidence
- Maintain your facial structure
- Aren’t cumbersome to maintain
Restore your smile with dental implants in Tucson, Arizona
Have you lost a tooth? The good news is that you can fix your “gappy smile” with a tooth replacement that functions like your natural tooth. If you live in or around Tucson, AZ, don’t wait any longer to restore your smile. Instead, please dial (520) 595-3655 to book an appointment with Swan Dental for affordable, highly-functional dental implants.Back to Restoration Page
The Top Benefits of Veneers for Discolored Teeth
Do you have a tooth that does not match the rest of your smile? Are you looking...Read the Article
The Truth About Endodontic Treatment: Painless, Fast, and Safe Way to Preserve Natural Teeth
Have you been told you need a root canal to save your tooth? There is no need...Read the Article